Unable to create recovery dvd's

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by blues2use, Jul 13, 2009.

1. blues2use

blues2use

Just received a new model D150-1920 today. Everything works as expected except for not being able to create the system recovery and drivers dvd's. So far, I've made 2 coasters with an error that pops up and immediately disappears. I really don't want to make any more coasters.

I'm running the START/All Programs/Ace/Acer eRecovery Management program and there's no a lot of anything that can be changed. The choice are Create Factory Default Disk and Create Drivers and Applications Disk. Doesn't matter which one I click, it makes a coaster....

My external usb dvd/cd writer works just fine on two other laptops and my desktop.

Any/all suggestions would be most welcome. I really don't want to go any further in setting up the system without having the restore disks on hand.

Thanks

blues2use, Jul 13, 2009
  2. blues2use

radioman193

Its Just "BloatWare"
    ;)

radioman193, Jul 13, 2009
  3. blues2use

AOD150BLACK

Have you tried burning anything else with the external drive yet, just to be sure it works with your Acer for burning?

If your external drive is working fine, then there may be a bad sector in the recovery partition. Not sure if that can be fixed easily.

AOD150BLACK, Jul 14, 2009
  4. blues2use

DracUK

I had this trouble on Acer 5720 laptop trying to burn ' User Backup".....after removing some of the Bloatware,kept getting buffer underrun errors and when it did start to burn was getting error 1016 burning failed.Tried with different writers,different disks,different memory etc.

Disabled the Virus Checker (Kaspersky) and no problems since.

This might not be your problem though but worth a try.

DracUK

DracUK, Jul 14, 2009
Ask a Question