Ubuntu 9.04 - constantly having to restart wireless router

Discussion in 'Linux' started by marc_firth, Sep 4, 2009.

1. marc_firth

marc_firth

Hi, Does anyone else get this issue? I have to reboot the wireless router to get wifi to connect (network manager/wicd - same problem nomatter which I use).

Need to do this about every two days doesn't matter which kernel I use it appears to be only jaunty (never had this issue with intrepid)

Driving me nuts :) - well *more* nuts! :?

Marc

marc_firth, Sep 4, 2009
  2. marc_firth

Indiana_Geoff

I usually fix mine with a reboot of my netbook. About 1 our of 4 times I recover from standby mode, wireless will not sync back up. About one out of 10 times it happens after a cold boot. I have to bounce the router, but that is much more rare.

Indiana_Geoff, Sep 4, 2009
  3. marc_firth

libssd

With an Apple Airport Express, with encryption enabled, I haven't had a single hiccup in the past 4 months of using 9.04. The only thing I have customized was to upgrade the kernel in order to activate the wireless LED on the A150. Just noticed it's not working any more, probably as a result of some intervening update.

libssd, Sep 8, 2009
Ask a Question