Uber Driverless Cars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Humphrey247, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Humphrey247

Humphrey247

In the world of today, a recurring theme amongst nearly all startups is to try to simplify a process by cutting out the middlemen and replacing them with software. A recent example is Uber and their driverless cars. The company started pretty recently but has already started implementing this feature. Is this an indicator of an incoming trend?

Humphrey247, Sep 11, 2016
  2. Humphrey247

rz3300

That would make me very nervous. I am wondering if this is going to result in lower rates, but for some reason I can almost see it having the opposite effect. I guess if things go right then it should not, or may not, be an issue, but I guess we will have to wait and see in order to find out. I do not think it will catch on anytime soon, but it should be interesting to see.

rz3300, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Humphrey247

Karen Gordon

No thanks, I think I will stick to cars with drivers. I just find the whole process of driverless cars scary. It would take a lot of convincing for me to take a ride in a driverless car. The technology would have to be out for a very long of time before I consider it to be the wave of the future, and that it would be something good for me.

Karen Gordon, Sep 15, 2016
  4. Humphrey247

Anton22

Yeah, i think it's too risky still. Plus i want drivers to be still employed so i think i will always choose driven ubers.

Anton22, Aug 28, 2018
  5. Humphrey247

PeterBroadway

Hmm, I'm not sure I would trust an A.I. to drive me to work.

PeterBroadway, Jan 6, 2020
Ask a Question