Turn off monitor after given time

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jmorales22, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jmorales22

jmorales22

Does anybody know of a way to set the AA1 to turn off the monitor after, say, 20 minutes without going on standby? The screensaver setting has one where it just has a blank screen, but that's not screen turned off. It's kind of a hassle to have to always remember to turn the screen off and I like to stay connected to things so don't want to use standby. A search of the forums turned up nothing. I'm thinking if it is possible it will have to be a 3rd party app...

jmorales22, Sep 13, 2008
  2. jmorales22

annafil

Well there's standby that means suspend, and there's standy that means "screen standy", or screen turned off.. which is the one you don't want?

In your kpowersave settings, "standy" with reference to the display always means shut off the screen. That's probably the option you're looking for (yeah it's a bit confusing in terms of naming), but standy doesn't mean suspend in this case.

annafil, Sep 13, 2008
  3. jmorales22

jmorales22

Of course. It was the wording that was throwing me off. Thanks

jmorales22, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question