Turn an Aspire One into a Book?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by gliph_writer, Dec 24, 2008.

1. gliph_writer

gliph_writer

just wondering if anyone else has thought about it. I mean make the aspire one look exactly like an average book. Maybe it's already been done, but i thought it would be kinda cool. Would need to be some kind of hard case that could clip onto the outside somehow.

gliph_writer, Dec 24, 2008
  2. gliph_writer

kairijuno

Hey.. I've been thinking about it too since my bags zipper went broke, I usually put everything inside the bag, power cable, data cable, mouse, game controller, bt headset, and now I put them all inside the original box and bring it upstair where I spent my times a lot, when opening the box gives me an idea of the hard cover book.

kairijuno, Jun 14, 2009
  3. gliph_writer

garrovick

One of the most popular uses for the Aspire One. Load up your favorite e-book reader and e-book.

Flip the screen left or right depending on your preferences and read away.

Depending on the software, the arrow keys can move the text and flip the pages.

I've just finished up with my brand new Tolkien LotR triology in PDF format.

garrovick, Jun 14, 2009
  4. gliph_writer

kairijuno

I'm trying to make it to look like a big hardcover book :)

kairijuno, Jun 17, 2009
  5. gliph_writer

donec

How about just getting a big book and pasting the pages together then cutting out the middle of the pages to set the AA1 inside and making some straps to hold it in.

donec, Jun 17, 2009
  6. gliph_writer

kairijuno

that will do, just like in films where they put a gun inside it :D, I have many work to do right now, just can't find the rime to finish it. I will print some textures on a photo paper and layer it with mate finish plastic for the cover, this will include a lot of double tape-ing, and will try to make the side of the box bent, scanning the real texture of a book just to make it look like there are a lot of pages inside (paper stack or page stack).

kairijuno, Jun 27, 2009
Ask a Question