Turn A1 into rss feed unit with 17" screen

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by firewater88, Apr 20, 2011.

1. firewater88

firewater88

My A1's screen did not survive my son dropping a train on it and now it does not work. I can use the VGA out, but that is a bit pointless. I also had a HP 17" laptop burn up due to the NVIDIA chip overheating and frying the MB. Not exactly a banner time for laptops in my house.
    What I would like to do is make a "photo frame" out of the A1 unit, but use the HP screen. I have disassembled both laptops before (the HP is currently completely apart ready to sell for parts) and I have upgraded the RAM in the A1, so I have taken it completely apart before. My question is, can/how to hook the 17" screen to the A1 MB. Is it possible? Is it worth it? I wanted to make a frame box and mount everything inside. I figured I have most of the parts, just not all the know how of how to mate the two together. I don't want to spend $$ to replace the screen on the A1 or replace the MB on the HP, it's just not that worth it to me.
    Any insight would be appreciated.

firewater88, Apr 20, 2011
Ask a Question