trying to go back to linpus after Ubuntu install.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by addertay, Oct 23, 2008.

1. addertay

addertay

My Wife wanted to try Ubuntu as it had a true desktop look on her Aspire One that comes with Linpus.

I used unetbootin to install Ubuntu and all went well.
    She now wants to go back to the orig OS as its was of course faster.

When i try to make a recovery disk on my USB mem stick ( 10gb) i get the following error when booting from the USB...

bunzip2 can't open a file, bunzip2 error and there may be not enough memory.

I have done some reading on the forums here and have seen other people ran into issues with different types of USB stick so i may try a USB DVD drive if i can pick one up tom.

My question is really more to do if that doesnt work is there way to formate the entire drive and try the DVD/USB recovery?

Not sure if my MBR will be fixed with the disc from a fresh formated drive.

Any help is appreciated

Sorry for the newbie questions i have to admit im new to linux

Best Wishes

Adam

addertay, Oct 23, 2008
  2. addertay

scottro

Do you have an external disk drive? I haven't run into the problem--I just popped the recovery disk into another machine, put in a USB drive and the disk formatted the USB, which then worked without problem on the AA1.
    I would think that if you can use an external CD/DVD drive, that putting in the recovery CD should work from there. It will format the entire drive for you.

scottro, Oct 23, 2008
  3. addertay

addertay

Its all fine now...
    Went out and purhcased an external DVD rom just to be sure and an extra USB stick..
    Turned out the Sony USB stick did the trick. Guess the Aspire just didnt like my Phillps one.

Thanks for the reply.

addertay, Oct 23, 2008
Ask a Question