Trying to find a snug case for 8.9" 6-Cell Acer

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by AlliX, Aug 11, 2009.

1. AlliX

AlliX

Hi everyone, I have a 6-Cell, 8.9" Acer Aspire One. I'm looking for a cheap sleeve that I can put in in when I am carrying it in my bag. The reason I'm here is because I can't choose which of these two cases to buy, and I need some opinions. I am looking for something with a snug fit, because I do not want to add extra bulk.

Here are the two choices:
    1. http://tinyurl.com/me9qpt
    2. http://tinyurl.com/kk2yjv

The first link says it is made for the 6 cell, but looking at the dimensions listed, I see that it is actually able to fit the 10" acer, and I don't know if all that extra space is as much as it seems and will add too much bulk/not fit snugly. The second link, I realize it is specifically for the 3 cell, but I'm thinking that because the material is stretchable, it may fit my laptop.

I'm hoping someone here might have used one of these or has any ideas or advice. Thanks!

AlliX, Aug 11, 2009
  2. AlliX

rtrudel

Caselogic makes one for a portable dvd player that works fine.

rtrudel, Aug 11, 2009
  3. AlliX

janss

If you want the best fit, quality and functionality, your choise is the original 8,9" One's Acer original branded neoprene sleeve.

I have it myself, and it's just great for the lappy. It's designed for the 3-cell, but 6-cell fits in nicely since the material stretches a bit. Yes, it's more expensive than the generic sleeves, but I dare to say it's the best for the One also. Might be a bit hard to find nowadays though..

Or get one similar to it, but make sure it has a zipper, they're just plain better than the "pouch" ones ;)

janss, Aug 12, 2009
Ask a Question