Trouble connecting to Apple Airport networks

Discussion in 'Networking' started by OReilly, Jan 21, 2009.

1. OReilly

OReilly

Sorry if this has been covered but I did a search and could not find any threads on this topic...

I am having trouble getting my Aspire One (XP) to connect with most Airport networks. It try's to acquire an IP address through DHCP but when it does it says the connection has limited or no connectivity. I have had some success when I manually set the DNS (it worked on one Apple network but not the others) but then I have to change the setting back to "Auto" to get on my Belkin router at home...

Anyone having similar experiences with Apple networks? These are mostly the newer Apple Airport Extreme Wireless Routers (set to N/B/G)...I have the "Airport Software" on my Aspire One and am able to access the routers but still having a heck of a time connecting via DHCP...

I have a friend with a Sony Vaio (XP) and she is having the same problem on the Apple Networks...

OReilly, Jan 21, 2009
  2. OReilly

OReilly

Wow! Nobody else has problems logging on to Apple Airport Extreme networks? Maybe it is just my Aspire One then... :shock:

OReilly, Jan 27, 2009
  3. OReilly

steven.chien

I have the similar experience, but I am not using Airport extreme. I turned on the internet sharing on my Mac mini, when there is no password set for the access point, every thing is fine, but once a password is set, no matter 40bit of 128bit, it can't be connected, just showing "Discounted".

steven.chien, Jan 30, 2009
  4. OReilly

Byte_wize

I have the exact same problem. It first appeared, when I installed XP on it. It worked fine when I was using Linpus, so it must be a driver issue. I must note, that it has problems ONLY with the Airport Extreme, connecting to other Mac lappies is working perfectly.

Byte_wize, Feb 4, 2009
  5. OReilly

OReilly

Yes...I too have only the Airport Extreme connection problem...very strange issue indeed...I am thinking this is an issue with the encryption...

OReilly, Feb 13, 2009
Ask a Question