Triple monitors, double processors!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tolui, Apr 11, 2009.

1. tolui

tolui

I have no problem with my AAO (week old) except the increased booting time(Welcome screen went from 10seconds to 40s) and I was checking around a bit, And at System Properties -> Hardware -> device manager I found that I have 3 'Plug and play' monitors and 2 processors of Intel N280! I have no problems with them but is that normal? or should I disable or delete em? Does it hace a relation with my start up time problem?

tolui, Apr 11, 2009
  2. tolui

firefox111

I have the same in my system properties 3 monitors not sure why this is but the two processors is the two cores of the processor as for boot times mine is about 20-30 seconds from hibernation

Acer Aspire one 150 Windows xp media center

firefox111, Apr 14, 2009
  3. tolui

jackluo923

I have like 10 monitor profiles because I connect and disconnect a lot of external monitors. It's normal to have multiple monitor profiles in device manger.

Also.. the "double processor" is 1 processor + 1 logical core (fake) due to hyperthreading. My AAO boots in 20 seconds and hibernates in about 10 seconds.

jackluo923, Apr 15, 2009
  4. tolui

tolui

Thanks for your input... I disbled 2 monitors without problems but as most of AAO have this triple ones so I will re-enable them again..

As for booting time... I accelarated by editing services/startup items through 'msconfig' order... Seems that newly installed programs ruined it.

tolui, Apr 17, 2009
  5. tolui

adrianaitken

You can just delete them from the Device Manager - if it needs them it'll just re-create them.

adrianaitken, Apr 17, 2009
Ask a Question