Tried everything to get On Screen Display (OSD) to work!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by terence, Dec 4, 2009.

1. terence

terence

Converting my basic AAO with SSD to Windows 7 (Tiny7) was a joy -- until the final hurdle: trying to get the on-screen display to work when you press any of the Function keys (i.e. volume adjustment, mute, screen brightness, monitor choice, touchpad enabled/disabled, WiFi enabled/disabled etc.)

Guys, I've tried everything and whatever I do, some key displays work, some don't. I've tried the original Acer Launch Manager drivers, the updated AAo Launch Manager produced privately, the Dritek package suggested on this site, and now the Acer Launch Manager software for other notebooks mentioned as working here, both in versions 1.17.1 and 2.00.4.

Results are still hit and miss, and the most obvious nuisance is no visual indication for Mute or Volume Level.

Any geniuses out there with an absolutely foolproof suggestion that doesn't involve tranquillisers?

terence, Dec 4, 2009
  2. terence

RBRK

Try Dritek v2.0.07 this is what I used to get mine working, I tried everything, and just started trying downloads for other systems, it works great. Google it and see what you can find, if not let me know and I can E mail you the file.

RBRK, Dec 5, 2009
  3. terence

terence

Hallelujah, we have lift-off!b Many thanks RBRK, I owe you a virtual drink....

To anyone else with the same problem, be aware that while this solution works it's not 100% perfect: you still won't get an OSD for screen brightness (though the keys do work), and on my installation at least, hitting the Change Display function key when there is not another monitor attached, causes the app to freeze with its logo onscreen, necessitating a reboot. But otherwise fine!

terence, Dec 7, 2009
Ask a Question