Transformer in AC power cable making noise

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by rtrudel, Sep 25, 2009.

1. rtrudel

rtrudel

Good day all:

I've had my A150 for several months. This morning when I got to work I plugged it in to recharge it and after about an hour the transformer box in the AC power cable started to make a high pitched noise. It is warm to the touch but not unusually so.

I have been known to leave this cable plugged in (but not necessarily into the netbook) all weekend long.

Q: Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what was the resolution/conclusion?
    Q: Can anyone recommend a replacement? Or is my local Radio Shack the best bet?

Thanks in advance!

rtrudel, Sep 25, 2009
  2. rtrudel

qlue

That whistling sound isn't necessarily a problem, although it's not entirely normal. Sometimes a transformer will do that, especially in a switched mode power supply. What you need to check is whether or not the output is still at the correct values. Universal laptop Power supplies are available from most consumer goods stores. So if you do need a replacement, that should work. Alternatively, go back to the dealer where you bought it from. they should stock replacement accessories for anything they stock. ;)
    Also check if it's still within the warranty period, if it is, they may replace it free of charge.

qlue, Sep 28, 2009
Ask a Question