Trackpad wildly fast after uninstalling FFScroll

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by robo, Jan 29, 2009.

1. robo

robo

So the one fly in the ointment here (fresh iATKOS 10.5.6 install) is that after I installed FFScroll and found it annoying, and uninstalled it by removing all the files it had installed, i'm left with a trackpad that is insanely sensitive and fast... Even setting the tracking speed to the minimum is almost unusably fast.

Since the trackpad is _working_, i'm wondering if i've simply lost a .plist file, or if I need to reapply some kext?

Any ideas?

I tried reinstalling the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (only guessing that it might help) and the /Backup/FFScroll/ApplePS2Controller.kext but to no avail.

robo, Jan 29, 2009
  2. robo

robo

I have an idea what my problem is - I didn't back up my ApplePS2Controller.kext before installing FFScroll, and then reinstalled FFScroll, wiping out the backup copy FFScroll had created.

Could anyone post the ApplePS2Controller.kext from an install that doesn't have FFScroll installed (ie. the normal one?)

I think that may be the file I have to replace to get rid of this jittery cursor...

Thanks,

robo

robo, Jan 29, 2009
  3. robo

robo

Neverming - that was indeed the fix, but i found a copy someone had posted on a different forum. It's back to normal. I'll live without 2-finger scrolling, but with a sane trackpad ;)

-robo

robo, Jan 29, 2009
  4. robo

arexxk

well to go into a different question, is there a way of customly changing the sensitivity within the applps2contoller.kext? maybe a small parameter within a text file? Just asking since I lost the trackpad preference pane that used to be inside the "mouse & keyboard" section

arexxk, May 14, 2009
  5. robo

keryonic

I reinstalled ApplePS2Controller.kext with kexte helper and rebooted but it didn't change anything. Any idea?

keryonic, May 15, 2009
Ask a Question