Trackpad Button Problems

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cmh05g, Sep 18, 2008.

1. cmh05g

cmh05g

I just got my acer aspire one today..The left-button on the track pad acts as a "right-click" although I do not have it set for that. And I checked, I do not have it set for left-handed users either (since they switch it to be like that). It is set on right-handed, but unfortunately my left-click acts as a right-click, dragging down the little menu every time, and the right-click serves no purpose. Any ideas???

cmh05g, Sep 18, 2008
  2. cmh05g

goofball

xp or linux?
    if xp, did you delve into the Synaptics touchpad settings (not just the windows generic settings) to see what the touchpad buttons are set to?

goofball, Sep 18, 2008
  3. cmh05g

cmh05g

Sorry, it's XP...yes i went into Synaptics..it says it's set to Right-handed, left click normal click, and right click should be the context menu, etc. but in this case, the left is the context menu, so i have to go through and click "open" everytime instead of double-clicking. and the right click does nothing. :?

cmh05g, Sep 18, 2008
Ask a Question