Touchpad - scrolling, etc

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by moyners, Aug 14, 2008.

1. moyners

moyners

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting to use the touchpad properly . . . I have the Aspire One running Linpus and haven't found how to do the scrolling and stuff cleverly - I have seen mention of one-touch or drag scrolling and I can't work out how to do it.

I hate having to admit to this - I'm normally pretty quick to find this stuff out intuitively. I do also admit to the odd bit of RTFM but the getting started guide hasn't helped and I haven't found anything more in depth.

Perhaps it's my age.

Thanks,

Paul

moyners, Aug 14, 2008
  2. moyners

Sid

Open firefox, with a long page that is scrollable.
    Place your finger to the right side of the pad, about 4-5mm in from the edge, keep your finger in contact with the pad and drag or push vertically.

Let us know how you get on.

Sid, Aug 15, 2008
  3. moyners

moyners

that's great, Sid, thanks!

moyners, Aug 18, 2008
  4. moyners

Sid

The touchpad can also do horizontal scrolling, the scroll area is at the bottom of the pad.
    Make sure the window has a scroll bar or nothing happens.

Another tip.....

if you want to left click, everyone knows you can single tap a link, (hover over a link and single tap).

but.......try this.......

place your mouse pointer over a link, then single tap in the top right corner of the touchpad (yes, you just did a right click).

May take some practice, but it is good to use :)

Enjoy.

Sid, Aug 18, 2008
  5. moyners

Ace_Rimmer

Regarding right click:

My One is configured so that tapping the lower right corner does a right click. The upper right corner doesn't do anything on mine.

If you place your pointer on a scroll bar or top bar of a window and then double tap, but keep your finger in contact with the pad on completing the second tap, you can drag the bar/window (takes a little practice).

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 19, 2008
Ask a Question