touchpad problem- webpages just change for no reason

Discussion in 'Linux' started by onehunglo, Feb 28, 2009.

1. onehunglo

onehunglo

iv had my lovely netbolok about 3 weeks and been working perfect. but tonight its gone mad . the touch pad dosnt seem in sync with mouse. the web pages im browsing just dissapeer for no reason to the previous page then that previous page .
    can i just reset it to factory settings to get rid of this nightmare behaviour , or is there something more simple the answer . hope someone can advise or help me !

onehunglo, Feb 28, 2009
  2. onehunglo

daldred

Have you enabled mouse gestures in Firefox, perhaps? On a touchpad as small as that on a netbook, I find that mouse gestures which make sense on a larger machine just aren't manageable, and could be interpreted as random effects like going back a page!

daldred, Feb 28, 2009
  3. onehunglo

onehunglo

would that make a diiference bearing in mind the touchpad has been working perfectly for almost a month till 24 hours ago. if yes how would i do this task please.

onehunglo, Mar 1, 2009
  4. onehunglo

daldred

You would known if you'd enabled them - it needs an add-on so it's unliekly to happen by accident.

daldred, Mar 1, 2009
  5. onehunglo

JerryP

You've discovered a FF "feature". Horizontal scroll does a page back/forward by default. To turn it off:
    type about:config into the url bar of FF
    type horiz into the box labelled Filter
    find the entry mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action and change the value to
    I originally hit this problem with a full sized trackpad, took me quite a while with Google to find the soluton.
    Jerry

JerryP, Mar 1, 2009
  6. onehunglo

onehunglo

thanks "jerryp" realy appreciate your helpful comments. ill give this a try tomorrow . cheers !

onehunglo, Mar 1, 2009
  7. onehunglo

onehunglo

hi "jerryp" touch wood alls well ! your fix seems to of cured my problem with the touchpad. thankyou very much !!!

onehunglo, Mar 2, 2009
Ask a Question