Touchpad is dead on my AA1 after recovery!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gerarddelafas, Aug 12, 2008.

1. gerarddelafas

gerarddelafas

All the things fully worked for 3 weeks (touchpad included) then a couple of day ago I started to have some problem with yum and then with the startup on the AA1.

My machine doesn't start correctly and freeze on startup menu so I boot from a USB Flash the a Pendrivelinux distro in order to get my data back before I reinstalled the linpus OS.

I started Pendrivelinux 2008 and my touchpad was not recognized. I thought that could be a problem of that version of Pendrivelinux so using only the keyboard I get alla data back and restart AA1. ;)

Then I try to reinstall linpus lite on AA1 but the touchpad is DEAD! :shock: In previous installations it always worked! (the only difference is that now I have added 1 GB RAM) What the hell!!?!?

I take a usb mouse from a friend and installed the linpus, then I wait for the startup of the system and ... the touchpad is still DEAD! :shock:

The sysinfo say me that I have 2048 MB RAM but I have the default 512mb + 1GB... it sounds a bit strange, does it add also swap space in the system memory field of sysinfo?

There is no touchpad device into the system information... do you have some refer to touchpad into the system info?

I don't want to use a USB mouse, does anyone know what might be happened and how can I solve it? :cry:[attachment=0:3s3bb5y6]Screenshot.png[/attachment:3s3bb5y6]

gerarddelafas, Aug 12, 2008
  2. gerarddelafas

janss

On the top of my head, I'd say your touchpad cable has come off.
    Open up the machine and check the cabel, then retry.

Some other people have had their One's saying 2 Gig RAM. Mine says 1536 MB, which is correct, apparently some kind of software glitch. Also the factory set SWAP is 1 GB, not 512 MB.

janss, Aug 12, 2008
  3. gerarddelafas

gerarddelafas

THanks for the answer.
    I've checked that the touchpad cable is correctly in. :(

Before this problem sysinfo display 1,5 GB as ram ammount. The touchpad worked for days with 1,5 ram gb

UPDATE: problem solved, reinstalling linpus

gerarddelafas, Aug 12, 2008
  4. gerarddelafas

veetrik

This may seem like a simple suggestion, but have you check to see if pressing FN + F7 turns the touch pad on?

veetrik, Aug 12, 2008
  5. gerarddelafas

danthegoodman

I spent my first weekend w/ my AAone w/o a mouse because I didn't realize the FnF7 turned the mouse off and on.

I felt dumb as I read the manual right before I was about to leave to go exchange it.

danthegoodman, Aug 15, 2008
  6. gerarddelafas

Sid

I actually like the Fn + F7 option to turn off the touchpad, it really helps when typing long documents.

And yes, it did fool me for a while (but not all weekend) :)

Sid, Aug 15, 2008
  7. gerarddelafas

manuxxx

Hello,

I have this problem but I have installed Arch Linux in an Windows Aspire One.
    When I first closed the screen it gone to sleep and to wake up I think I pressed the f7 key, thus stopping the touchpad. Now, some reboots later it continues to refuse to work.
    This should not be the case, isn't it? If I reboot it should be working. Correct?
    I've activated the "noacpi" option in grub when installing because I've readed in a forum this option should help ethernet card to work.
    Could be this "noacpi" option the cause of touchpad not working?

Thank you.

manuxxx, Sep 7, 2008
  8. gerarddelafas

manuxxx

My problem is solved.
    Somewhere between two updates the touchpad begun to work.
    Sig!

manuxxx, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question