touchpad corner actions

Discussion in 'Linux' started by quarknimble, Dec 24, 2008.

1. quarknimble

quarknimble

ive noticed that the bottom right functions as a left click, and top right as middle click.

the weird thing is, if you middle click in open space in firefox, it directs the browser to the contents of the clipboard.

any way to edit these functions or maybe remove that clipboard-redirect type action

quarknimble, Dec 24, 2008
  2. quarknimble

checksix

I *thought* something funny was going on with my touchpad, but I could never quite pin it down. Thanks for pointing out exactly what's happening. Now maybe someone can tell us how to disable it.

checksix, Dec 24, 2008
  3. quarknimble

woogal

In firefox go to about:config, search for middlemouse.contentLoadUrl, and set it to false.

woogal, Dec 24, 2008
  4. quarknimble

checksix

Thanks! That works (for firefox). I was also wondering, more generally, where this feature is enabled in the touchpad settings. On the menu I see controls for scrolling and clicking, but nothing pertaining to corner actions. Are those controls buried in some config file somewhere?

checksix, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question