Toshiba Satellite Problem

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by djordjem87, Mar 26, 2016.

1. djordjem87

djordjem87

Hello. I am not an expert on computers and I have a question about a problem that I have been seeing for some time now. Basically whenever I turn my laptop off and then on it takes him an eternity to re boot or turn on. I have the black screen and a white dash blinking in the upper left corner. I use Linux Ubuntu and It used to run on Windows. Now it is a bit better. Windows was terrible.

djordjem87, Mar 26, 2016
  2. djordjem87

fcuco

You didn't mentioned the age of your hardware or the specs, so this could be a simple case of a very old not that powerful hardware trying to run a modern operating system, I remember al Windows Vista Laptops being like that, slow and sluggish because Vista was a monstrosity.

There is a couple of things that you can still do: disable any unnecessary services (daemons) so they don't have to start when you boot the computer, there is a program called "bum" (The boot-up manager). Use it to see and disable services that you don't use like perhaps Bluetooth or stuff like that. Just use it with caution!

fcuco, Apr 2, 2016
  3. djordjem87

servite

I have a Toshiba Satellite, it came out around 2006 and uses the Intel Celeron (M) processor.

servite, Apr 6, 2016
  4. djordjem87

laptopgarv

laptopgarv, May 20, 2021
  5. djordjem87

laptopgarv

Or repair boot loader

laptopgarv, May 20, 2021
Ask a Question