Toshiba Satellite L350D drivers

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Firo2189, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Firo2189

Firo2189

Hi all,

This is my first post here :)

I have an old Toshiba Satellite L350D and i wanted to reuse it, i tried to make a clean install of Windows 7 (with only 3GB of ram i don't think that Win 10 will fit) and realized that Windows was saying it can't install because it can't detect the hard drive correctly (well the drive is visible but Windows doesn't want to install), i thought it was a driver related issue and i did (a lot) of research to find the right drivers and i tested (a lot) of drivers but with no luck.

Before trying to install Windows i installed Ubuntu 22.04 wich worked more or less right but the interface was quite slow and lspci stated that the chipset was the SB600 (AMD) and RS690m for the graphics but none of the drivers i found for this chipset worked on Windows (found SB600 references in the INF files of the drivers i found but it was not working anyway).

Does anyone have an idea on how to find the right driver ? Or ever encountered the same issue ?
    It feels like a dead end because i've been searching and testing drivers for days.

Any help is welcome :)

Thank you

Exact model : Satellite L350D-10L PSLE0E-00E004BT
    AMD Turion X2 TK-57, 3GB of ram

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Firo2189, Oct 22, 2022
  2. Firo2189

Firo2189

Hi all,

I can't edit my initial post anymore so i'll add a reply (to myself :)).

Toshiba flag the laptop as a discontinued product on their website : https://be.dynabook.com/fr/discontinued-products/satellite-l350d-10i/ but there is no drivers available. I tried to unlock the BIOS "advanced options" (if such a thing exists for this laptop) with all sort of key combination but with no luck... tried to find if there was a BIOS update but with no luck again... I had in mind that an option related to AHCI could possibilty be the source of my problem but i can't find it.

Seems like the dead end is getting closer but still searching...

Firo2189, Oct 24, 2022
Ask a Question