toshiba MK-3008GAL

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by torrentlord, Aug 9, 2008.

1. torrentlord

torrentlord

that a cool mod dude wish we could put more stuff inside . what i was thingking maybe AAO was built specilayy to be hack or moded by user like us so they can sell more product s (MARKETING)

torrentlord, Aug 21, 2008
  2. torrentlord

Guest Guest

could be! if not why did they put the ram module back on the motherboard? jajajaj :lol: anyway i love to mod the acer one... its my hobby now jajaja

Guest, Aug 21, 2008
  3. torrentlord

Tikerz

I just did this mod with the MK3008GAL from my Zune. It was pretty easy. I had to sand down the blue part of the HD ribbon in order for it to fit on the HD end. I just laid the end of the ribbon blue side up on a phone book and ran the file over it for a while. The HD in the Zune had two black fitted rubber bumpers on the long sides for shock protection. I was able to leave those on when installing into the One. I did have to cut off the screw mount as detailed earlier in the thread. But now I have some shock protection in there. Installing XP now...

Tikerz, Aug 22, 2008
  4. torrentlord

rdlr

I bought mk3008gal from ebay and i'm now trying to install it. But i have major problem... When i connect the hd to motherboard my One won't boot. The green power indicator just lights and fan starts to blow, but the screen is black. And if i disconnect the hd it boots normally. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried to boot my One with the hd using the original zif-cable and other one which came with the toshiba drive...

EDIT: Ok, I got it working... The zif cable just wasn't deep enough in the toshiba hdd... :oops:

rdlr, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question