Toshiba has lost ground

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Fuzyon, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Fuzyon

Fuzyon

Does anyone know what happened to Toshiba? I remember ~10 years ago when they were making the best laptops on the market and a lot of people were praising them. Nowadays I hardly see anything revolutionary created by them. Have they started to focus on other stuff'?

Fuzyon, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Fuzyon

Corzhens

Business is like life that can go up or can go down. Maybe Toshiba has given up with the competition because it is getting stiffer. HP claims to be the best-selling laptop with their statistics and Acer have their own statistics although they are not claiming anything. And what about the Apple Macbook? Maybe Toshiba has resigned to the fact that they can profit and that is enough as long as they are earning.

Corzhens, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Fuzyon

Fuzyon

I would've assumed they were interested in the hardware field a lot after people kept saying they produced quality products, maybe they had trouble launching revolutionary things so they decided to stay low profile. HP is hardly the best-selling laptop company though, a lot of their laptops are awful and break fast.

Fuzyon, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Fuzyon

IcyBC

We still have an old Toshiba laptop from years back! I haven't seen Toshiba around either as I am now looking for something light weight for my son to use strictly with doing homework. I ran into many HP, Lenovo, Acer for the price that I can afford, no Toshiba on eBay, or Amazon for 200-300

IcyBC, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Fuzyon

IBMPC8088

You're right. They seem to have been putting less effort into innovation and new features for laptops the past 7 to 10 years. I'm not sure why, but it may be that they are now trying to put their efforts toward the mobile markets and devices. It seems to be a corporate promotion that if they reduce the quality and power of their standard laptops, that people will buy more of the less than standard mobile devices as a result to keep both markets afloat.

I think that they are making a mistake by approaching it that way, but I'm sure their revenue has increased by pandering to the public in this way significantly so they don't care as much about the quality of their laptops as they used to both intentionally and unintentionally.

IBMPC8088, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Fuzyon

hades_leae

I used to buy their TV's they were always good, and now that I think of it, I have not seen them come out with anything that's really innovative. They are holding down the fort, but not on a level like the biggest companies.

Their brand is slowly fading, and some other business is going to snatch them up in the market.

hades_leae, Aug 1, 2016
  7. Fuzyon

Hermitkrab

Toshibas are good laptops, at least in my opinion. I've owned 2 of them (broke the screen accidentally on the first one). I've been using my current one for at least 10-12 years (Satellite L55 series), and perfectly satisfied with it. But I know what you mean, you don't often see them on the market nowadays. Maybe all the competition from Chromebook and apple devices is a reason.

Hermitkrab, Aug 19, 2021
Ask a Question