Tiny USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mxb, Oct 3, 2008.

1. mxb

mxb

I'm after a tiny USB flash drive (not for reintalling Linux) that will fit into one of the twin USB ports without blocking access to the other one.
    I think either the Sandisk micro skin or the Super Talent Pico C would be ok.
    I know the Sandisk is ok for Linux from posts on this forum and also I emailed Sandisk for confirmation.
    Does anyone have experience of the Super Talent Pico C ?
    Is it compatible with Linux (Super Talent are ignoring my emails !).
    Cheers.

mxb, Oct 3, 2008
  2. mxb

retsaw

Any USB drive should be compatible with Linux unless they do some weird non-standard stuff.

Micro SD readers are very small, so you might want to consider that as an option. I got one with a Kingston Micro SD card and was surprised by just how small it was, I'd say by looking at the picture of the Pico C, that it is probably the same size as a Micro SD card reader with the Pico C being half the thickness because it does away with the metal outer part of the USB plug.

retsaw, Oct 5, 2008
  3. mxb

mxb

Thanks retsaw,
    I thought like you that they should be compatible with Linux, but some are advertised specifically as such whilst others don't mention Linux.
    I guess they just can't be bothered to !
    I see what your saying. The reason I want to use a USB drive is ease of moving files with my laptop that doesn't have a card reader.... I know I could get a plug in reader for it.
    Cheers...

mxb, Oct 6, 2008
  4. mxb

Midori

Dealextreme.com get a super small reader for like a buck or 2 and then buy a 20-30$ micro sd or less depending on your space needed my 2gb JPN kingston works great amazing write speeds :p

Midori, Oct 7, 2008
  5. mxb

URBANRACER

URBANRACER, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question