Timbuk2 T-Pak

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by soleblaze, Oct 1, 2008.

1. soleblaze

soleblaze

Some people have been asking me about whether this fits the aspire one with a 6-cell battery or not, and it does. So I figure I'd give this little writeup on it.

The Timbuk2 T-Pak is designed for the Dell Inspiron Mini. The mini is .7inches shorter in length, so the Aspire One is a tight fit. The Mini also has a power brick that plugs directly into the wall, like the eee pc 701. This causes the T-Pak to get a bit cramped. However, you can still fit the power supply and 6 cell battery in the T-Pak. It's probably the smallest case you'll ever find that will fit the Aspire One.

[​IMG]
    This is the front of the T-Pak when it has the Aspire One inside.

[​IMG]
    This is the back. They say on the website that you can turn this into a backpack, and it looks like there are hooks on the sides to do that. However, mine just came with the one strap and no instructions so I am unsure how to make this into anything besides a shoulder bag.

[​IMG]
    This is the accessories pouch with the power brick and cable inside. You'll notice that it's a very tight fit. I'm unsure how difficult it will be to get this in if you don't have a velcro strap for the power cable that connects to the brick.

[​IMG]
    Here's the T-Pak with the Aspire One 3-Cell inside.

[​IMG]
    You'll notice that there is a small gap between the side of the Aspire One and the case. This is big enough for the 6-cell battery.

[​IMG]
    Sliding the Aspire One 6-Cell into the T-Pak.

[​IMG]
    Here is the 6 cell fully in the T-Pak. It might look like the top doesn't close, but it does. Sometimes it catches a bit and you have to mess with the zipper to get it in line to zip.

[​IMG]
    As a bonus, here's a badly done picture showing the 3-cell and 6-cell batteries. I'm too lazy to find a ruler to make perspective easier.

If you want higher res pictures, they're available here. They're the P10102 prefixed pictures.

soleblaze, Oct 1, 2008
  2. soleblaze

onlineaddy

Really appreciate you taking the time to post and caption those photos, soleblaze.

I had contacted Timbuk2 about the interior dimensions of the T-Pack. The CSR, after a lot of indecision, finally stated that something the size of a 6-cell AA1 would NOT fit in the T-Pack. Well, you've proved him wrong.

This would be the bag I'd get to carry my AA1, if/when I get one. I want something not much bigger than the machine itself, doesn't add too much weight, and can be worn as a backpack so that I can have my hands free when I walk with it on. The T-Pack is just about perfect for my requirements.

onlineaddy, Oct 1, 2008
  3. soleblaze

soleblaze

I'll weigh it tomorrow and post the info (I have access to a postal scale at work). Maybe I'll email timbuk2 and see what they say about turning this into the backpack they mention on the website.

soleblaze, Oct 2, 2008
  4. soleblaze

PGH_One_User

Thank you for posting pics and details. I just ordered mine from Dell today. I did a lot of searching for the perfect bag and I think this is as close as it gets for me.

PGH_One_User, Oct 7, 2008
  5. soleblaze

PGH_One_User

The bag came in the mail today. Overall I think the quality and the price is great. You can't do much better than this for the money and it's a much better bag than those pleather DVD cases. My only minor complaint is that it is a tiny bit short. I think I can stretch it a little but I wouldn't have to if it was just an inch taller. Padding is pretty good for a bag that only weighs 9.2 ounces.

PGH_One_User, Oct 9, 2008
  6. soleblaze

soleblaze

Yeah, the bag with the 6 cell aspire one and the psu weighs 3lbs 15oz, which is still less than most 'ultraportable' laptops

soleblaze, Oct 10, 2008
  7. soleblaze

Kite

just a quick note: dell.ca has the black one on sale right now. 24.99CAD

Im not sure when it ends

Kite, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question