Tight USB ports

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Xplorer1, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Xplorer1

Xplorer1

Is anyone else finding their USB ports a very tight fit indeed? I Have to push uncomfortably hard to insert memory sticks, mouse etc, and getting them out is similarly hard. I've got an A110-Aw, UK model

Xplorer1, Aug 15, 2008
  2. Xplorer1

janss

Yup, my USB's are damn tight also.
    But I think it's a good thing, and they're not so tight I'd be afraid of something breaking up or anything...

janss, Aug 15, 2008
  3. Xplorer1

Demiurge

True, but I have already managed to pull my One off the table once as it wouldn't let go of my usb-stick :p

Demiurge, Aug 16, 2008
  4. Xplorer1

SbM

They're tight indeed, but I like that: don't you hate it when you plug in an external disk drive and the thing is so wobbly you're not even sure it won't fall down by itself?

SbM, Aug 16, 2008
  5. Xplorer1

Xplorer1

Well yes, but mine are so tight I worry about damage. I once had a memory stick that came apart on me - the USB connector pulled out of the body - and I'm concerned it might happen again

Xplorer1, Aug 16, 2008
  6. Xplorer1

stoogee

yep very tight for me too,

see some new lines getting engraved onto my new usb pen

stoogee, Aug 16, 2008
  7. Xplorer1

Guest Guest

the two on the right hand side are tight for me, the one on the left is normal.

i was curious about why...interesting to know that other people are experiencing the same thing.

Guest, Aug 16, 2008
  8. Xplorer1

midgetdiablo

They seemed to be very tight when I first plugged them in. If you actually look at the slots, you can see that the metal sides are bent inwards. After plugging and unplugging a few times, the metal sides begin to take their old shapes, and it becomes easy to insert your usb devices.

midgetdiablo, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question