Tiger Direct Canada

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by SuperNerd, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SuperNerd

SuperNerd

Well, they finally updated their stock status on the blue 120gb AA1 to "usually ships within 24 hours". So, I ordered one. They fired back an email essentially saying it's being shipped from a third-party warehouse, expect it in 8 to 10 days.

I'm having some trouble understanding how this equates to 24 hours. And, they show the US keyboard on the web site - if it's from a third party, I guess all bets are off. Oh, well. This entire thing is a massive test of patience.

SuperNerd, Aug 8, 2008
  2. SuperNerd

judeh101

I guess if it even shows that it is US keyboard, I doubt it, I will still think that it is a Bilingual keyboard.

judeh101, Aug 8, 2008
  3. SuperNerd

SNOboy

I ordered mine today from tigerdirect.ca i was told that it most likely will ship out from acer wholesaler on west coast, the 24 hours is the time from when TD submits order to them, which for me happened within an hour to when the 3rd party actually ships it out. Hope that helps, I buy wholesale and prices are all over the place right now and this is below cost from most of my suppliers @ $349.95 great deal and usually TD says 3-5 days for instock stuff and i get next day 4 out of 4 orders SNO

SNOboy, Aug 9, 2008
  4. SuperNerd

SNOboy

Ordered friday afternoon received monday by 11am tiger direct is the best just what i ordered blue 120gig linux 349 +tax and shipping of 14 bucks, now to open the box, i still can't believe its here already, 3rd party shipping is from acer canada on matheson rd mississauga.
    SNO

SNOboy, Aug 11, 2008
  5. SuperNerd

SuperNerd

Now that's some great news (for a change)! Does it have the US or the bilingual keyboard?

SuperNerd, Aug 11, 2008
  6. SuperNerd

SNOboy

sad to say bi-lingual will post pics soon just installing xp

SNOboy, Aug 11, 2008
  7. SuperNerd

SuperNerd

Woo-hoo! It arrived yesterday evening. So, less than a week from ordering ...

Unfortunately, there was the small business of a wedding anniversary yesterday so I haven't had much time to play with it. It's all charged up and sitting under my desk here at work, can't wait to show it off.

Blue; 512mb; 120gb; Linpus. Soon to be 1.5gb of ram, probably running XP pro, too.

SuperNerd, Aug 14, 2008
Ask a Question