The new Acer

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Corzhens, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens

Acer has come up with the Swift 7 which is touted to be its top contender when it comes to the slimmest and thinnest laptop. It is barely 1 centimeter in thickness, just slightly thicker than the standard USB port. And the screen with rich colors powered by i5 and 8GB ram. And it's equipped with a 256GB SSD so probably we are entering the age of SSD.

For more details, here is the link -
    http://www.mb.com.ph/acer-shows-em-how-and-now/

Corzhens, Sep 5, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Corzhens

SirJoe

Wow that is insane. It's really amazing what they can do now. I went and did some more searching and found this.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...t-thinnest-laptop-price-release-date-ifa-2016

I was wondering how much it would cost and this caught my eye. "Europe and the United States in October, at prices of €1,299 and $999, respectively." I don't want to be nit picky but $999 is not €1299. It's more like €896, I don't understand why there is such a big discrepancy between the two places, but nothing in comparison to the Chinese price. In China it's being sold for ¥6,999 which is $68 or €61. Right this just means one thing, I moving to China.

SirJoe, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Corzhens

Krissttina Isobe

This thing laptop looks really good. I will research it more and look at the prices too. I need a 2 in 1 though so I can take pictures easily with a 2 in 1. Hope the price is right too. Money is an object.

Krissttina Isobe, Sep 5, 2016
  4. Corzhens

Aree Wongwanlee

Barely one centimeter in thickness? Why, that's thinner than the slice of bread I eat everyday. I haven't looked at the specs yet. Not sure if I would. The price isn't attractive for me. I just bought a new laptop for about $400. And I am using it nearly 20 hours a day, seven days a week.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Corzhens

rz3300

Well that is pretty thin, but I am not sure if it can erase my memories of some less than good experiences with the brand. I am still needing sometimes to regain my trust in their products, and the thinner does not necessarily do it for me. That said, I am not sure and I would have to look at the specs too. Should be interesting, and it is good to know it is out there.

rz3300, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Corzhens

Aree Wongwanlee

You mean you plan to take pictures with your laptop? That doesn't sound quite like a plan. The camera which comes with the laptop is not known for being very high resolution. If you want to take pictures, you can do a lot better with a smartphone.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 10, 2016
  7. Corzhens

Krissttina Isobe

:(Can't get smartphone, Mother has pacemaker. Scared of Galaxy tabs too the battery thing might be unsafe. Heard Microsoft Pro takes good pictures...I hope I can afford it, lol. Thanks for info!:)

Krissttina Isobe, Sep 16, 2016
  8. Corzhens

Elektron

I've never trusted these kind of devices, the slimmer they are the less durable, indeed. I've not had such a good experience with slim devices since I always tend to break them, not because I've wanted to, but because they're so slim that I cannot manage to avoid it. The laptop looks really nice, I wont lie, but it definitely is not for me.

Elektron, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question