The Last Aspire One 521 gamer?...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by smoofy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. smoofy

smoofy

Is there anyone else with a 521 that plays games regularly on it? Any ideas or tips for getting more current released games to run smoothly? i.e. Half Life 2, Oblivion or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: CoP.

smoofy, Mar 8, 2011
  2. smoofy

smoofy

http://www.netbooklive.net/asus-eee-pc- ... view-8726/

A review for the e-350 Zacate which is a somewhat improved version of the 521 in some ways, but
    it doesn't offer as impressive an improvement in gameplay for netbook formfactors as I thought it would.

Its Windows 7 WEI scores are very close to my 521's scores without the stock 1GB crappy ram (This one had 4GB DDR-3 I think)!

Guess I'll keep my 521 for old games and net tasks and save up for a real gaming laptop for games.

Since no one has replied to this thread at all (But 24 reads since this posting) I guess most of the clamour re: netbook gaming was from the techno-geeks exploring their new toys. Guess this is happening with the new tablets now and netbooks are pretty much dead in the water.

Oh well, I still think netbooks are a viable formfactor and have more real use and adaptability/upgradeability than tablets and don't plan on supporting the tablet market at all.

-Last netbook gamer signing off...

-P.S. Installed and played Geometry Wars: RetroEvolved and it plays perfectly awesome...keyboard control part is a bit akward though...

smoofy, Mar 14, 2011
Ask a Question