That one person who breaks things to fix them

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlueText, Sep 24, 2016.

1. BlueText

BlueText

I'm taking this class and one of the guys that sits next to me. Whenever he gets mad at himself or his laptop, he starts banging his hands on it. Okay, I'll admit that most of the old technology could be fixed if you hit it on the side a couple times. It works on pop machines when the bottle is stuck, the old black and white tvs, and cassette players. But most of the modern technology isn't as easy to fix. The whole time he's hitting his keyboard or his laptop, I just have to stare and worry that he's going to break it. It's not my business but it's kind of hard not to notice when he sits right next to me. Do you know people who can't control their temper around their technology?

BlueText, Sep 24, 2016
  2. BlueText

hades_leae

That kind of person used to be me, even now when I'm programming sometimes, I will think to just chunk my laptop at the wall when it does something that I don't want it to do like freeze up for a few seconds and I only have one program running.

Yesterday I was programming, and the notepad crashed as well as for some reason clearing out the functions file for my blog, that pissed me off so much. I'm still rewriting all those functions.

hades_leae, Sep 24, 2016
  3. BlueText

IcyBC

He is having a temper-tantrum, and it is an expensive habit to have. I hope he can afford replace the computer, or have money fixing it. I am careful with mine and will not allow my kids to even handling any computer that way :)

IcyBC, Sep 24, 2016
  4. BlueText

Elektron

Actually, my dad is that kind of person. He always has all kind of electronic pieces at home so he could take them to fix others and that sort of thing, it's erally useful because you always have pieces to repair other pieces and make some profit from them.

Elektron, Sep 24, 2016
  5. BlueText

Novelangel

I've never understood this concept either. You pay a lot of money for the computer, then you have no patience for running it, so you bang on it, scream at it, throw things at it, or actually pick it up and throw it. My husband is a little bit like that, and I'm constantly yelling at him to quit banging his fists on the keyboard or whatever. Technology has an adverse affect on him so his throwing his phone across the room is not an unusual sight. I just don't understand NOT having the patience to take care of expensive things that you care enough about to buy in the first place.

Novelangel, Sep 25, 2016
Ask a Question