Thanks, NTFS vs FAT32 and the SD slot.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Richard_S, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Richard_S

Richard_S

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who posts on here as the questions and answers have been very useful to me!

My first thing is a suggestion. I couldn't see one, but an FAQ with accurate and reliable information would be nice for Windows XP (and I guess Vista). Personally I'd prefer an FAQ with information that is known to make a difference, not just "X said doing this would improve your system". But that's just me and any moment now, someone will point out there already is one!

Next is a question that appears a lot in here, one thing I've noticed is everyone seems to offer a different opinion on this.

What I would like to know is if anyone has used a common benchmarking tool to test various types of read/writes on the different types of SSDs that available so that we have a full understanding of what people should actually be using, ie NTFS or FAT32 and also Windows XP vs Vista and whether a particular OS or filesystem works better or worse on a particular SSD.

This also applies to using one of the SD slots as a way of adding/expanding the storage, ie using the modified hitachi driver as opposed to using something like ebooster. Again, this would really benefit from being used on the same machine with the same type of SDHC card. Also, it would be nice if someone doing this would note the read/write speed of different classes of SDHC so people like me can work out if it's worth paying more for say a Class 6 compared to a Class 4 and if there's any real benefits.

Regards

Richard

Richard_S, Oct 29, 2008
Ask a Question