Thank you annafil and the forums!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by songairen, Sep 6, 2008.

1. songairen

songairen

Hi folks

I just recently bought my girlfriend an aspire one and needed to enable package management and WPA enterprise on her system.

While not an outright linux beginner I'm certainly a beginner with this linpus/fedora stuff.

I have to say, using this forum I was able to

1. configure the advanced settings
    2. solve a yum problem after the package manager hung (process being used by another app)
    3. upgrade the network manager
    4. enable WPA enterprise
    5. fix the /etc/rc.d/slim file to repair my wireless again

All in an afternoon! For me this is a big thing; in the past I've had to trawl endless posts to fix problems with other distros. in the past. Today it has been relatively quick and painless. In fact the most painful part of it is typing right now on this tiny keyboard with fingernails that need to be cut!

Quality information from people who know what they are doing, and honest replies from users about their troubleshooting! Fantastic!

The last thing I need to do is add some more display settings to improve the resolution on a 22" monitor. But I'm sure I'll quickly find the answers on this great forum!

thanks for the help! :D

songairen, Sep 6, 2008
Ask a Question