Sytem Recovery Freezing

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Brim, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Brim

Brim

Hi,

I'm trying to do Sytem Recovery however I'm coming across the same problem whether I'm booting from external CDROM or bootable USB.

Basically, It gets to the welcome screen and asks me to press -> to select partitition. It then freezes everytime.

Can anyone help? Am I doing anything wrong or is my One not working correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Brim, Aug 2, 2008
  2. Brim

xphineasx

I'm having the same issue

xphineasx, Aug 2, 2008
  3. Brim

mordo

And I'm have a same problem. I think that the recovery CD is broken. :(

mordo, Aug 3, 2008
  4. Brim

iDq

Same problem here... but solved :) How? Mantain pressed mouse button for a few seconds (1 or 2) :shock: It worked for me...

Regards,

iDq, Aug 6, 2008
  5. Brim

waveLength

I had the same problem, when trying to run the System Recovery from a USB memory stick. The problem came from the fact that I was using the touchpad to click on the "Next" button on the first screen. Although the button received focus, nothing seemed to happen, thus giving the impression that the process was frozen.

For correct behavior, use the left touchpad button to click on the "Next" button.

FYI: I successfully performed a System Recovery from a SD card, using a USB card reader. AspireOne correctly recognized it as an external HDD.

waveLength, Aug 6, 2008
  6. Brim

Geogaddi

Thanks a lot wavelength, you saved my A1 from being hurled out the window after a missing network monitor icon and hours trying to make an error free recovery disk. :roll:

Geogaddi, Aug 7, 2008
  7. Brim

MadParrot

Yeah, thanks - I bought myself a nice >1GB USB drive today (my other was too smalle), set this one up and was having the same 'issue' - saves alot of pain to know its something so minor! (Stupid bug though)

MadParrot, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question