System Restore wont Restore

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ProminentRaven, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ProminentRaven

ProminentRaven

I have a Acer D150-1165, running windows XP. I have tried to use system restore to use earlier settings. It doesnt matter what dates I use, it alway says " unable to restore to that date. No change to settings" I follow all instrucions. Can the D150 do a reset? If so what am I missing? Thanks for any help Raven

ProminentRaven, Mar 13, 2010
  2. ProminentRaven

Swarvey Moderator

A quick glance at your user manual should give you the information you need to Factory Restore your AAO using the built-in recovery partition. This will however erase all your data. The purpose of this is to revert the whole machine to an out-of-box state.

System Restore in Windows (which I do NOT trust at all) is used to restore windows itself to an earlier point in time to recover from several different crisis's. Having said that, if you're trying to recover from a virus, Windows System Restore will be useless as more often than not, viruses infect the recovery information too.

Swarvey, Mar 13, 2010
  3. ProminentRaven

ProminentRaven

Hi Swarvey. My main problem I guess is that my Acer had no user manual in the box it came in.. After your reply, I dont think Ill mess with it any more. I was just chedking it to see how it worked. And no it was not a virus. Thanks for the reply. Raven

ProminentRaven, Mar 14, 2010
  4. ProminentRaven

Swarvey Moderator

If you want to see if it's just a problem with System Restore, you should be able to delete all the old restore points, manually create a new one, then see id you can restore from it.

Swarvey, Mar 14, 2010
Ask a Question