Switching Keyboards on a Laptop

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by theomega669, Sep 3, 2016.

1. theomega669

theomega669

I have purchased an Hp Omen 15 ax003no. It is just what I need for every purpose I have for it.

However I despise the colour red. And the keyboard is not only backlit with red, its key are painted red and the keys have red on all sides.
    This makes me never want to use the computer because the colour does bother me that much.

Is there a way for me to switch out the keyboard entirely? Removing the horrid red ones for a more basic one. Is it also possible to change the backlight to something other than red?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

theomega669, Sep 3, 2016
  2. theomega669

djtech

Is it possible to replace the red keyboard with another/better looking keyboard?
    Yes

Is it possible to change the backlight?
    Not sure. And not sure if that's a good idea either.

A quick search on Amazon showed me various black colored replacement keyboards between the range of $30 and $50. So, go ahead with that. Some of those keyboards will also make sure you don't see the red back light. Good luck.

djtech, Sep 5, 2016
  3. theomega669

theomega669

I am sorry but I can not seem to find the keyboards that you say were available on amazon. Perhaps because I live in europe? I am not entriely sure why but If there really are any then I would very much appreciate a link.

The only one I could find in my searching there was a replacement keyboard for HP Omen 15-5000, which is a different model from HP Omen 15 ax003no.

theomega669, Sep 6, 2016
  4. theomega669

djtech

Well, that's fine. Just type in Amazon.com instead of your localized website. Order from there. I had searched for your laptop model + replacement keyboard that day. You can try the same. Here's one of the products I found - link.

djtech, Sep 10, 2016
  5. theomega669

rz3300

Well I am one of those people who likes to have thing a particular way and if things sway or vary from the plan, it causes a little headache and frustration. That said, switching things is not usually my forte, but you have to do what you have to do I suppose. I am glad to hear that Amazon looks like it has what you need, at least from what @djtech mentions. Best of luck.

rz3300, Sep 10, 2016
  6. theomega669

remnant

You can widen your search to Ebay and Olx. You can always find alternative colours there. I suppose you can also use your backlight settings to emit a different coloured light which will blend with the one on your keyboard if you can cope with the effect. How about exchanging your keyboard with someone else comfortable with colour red for a small fee?

remnant, Oct 9, 2016
Ask a Question