Sub £900 Laptop advice plz

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by sihollies, Dec 11, 2018.

1. sihollies

sihollies

Hi
    I am looking into buying a portable laptop with good battery life over the next month or two and would appreciate your knowledge.
    I will use the laptop for Photoshop and Video editing, possibly a little bit of gaming, (nothing too demanding) and general word processing and browsing etc.
    My maximum budget is £800-£900.
    I looked into the Surface pro, but didnt like the fact that there are minimal USB ports on said unit, so will class that as a no, unless someone can advise otherwise.
    The other Laptop that keeps popping up when I am looking online is the HP Envy x360.
    There are both Intel and AMD configurations, and to be honest, dont really know what all the details/specs mean.
    I have bought Intel for a long time, as in the past AMD seemed to be a powerful, but inferior product?? But am now led to believe that AMD have 'upped their game'??
    Below are the models name and basic specs for both the Envy AMD & Intel models:

HP Envy x360 13.3" AMD Ryzen 5 - 128 GB SSD
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor
    • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 128 GB SSD
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8
    • Full HD display

HP Envy x360 13.3" Intel Core i5, Geforce MX150 - 256 GB SSD
    • Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor
    • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 GB
    • Full HD display
    Any advice on the AMD/Intel query would be GREATLY appreciated, and any other suggestions would also be greatly recieved.

Many thanks in advance
    Simon

sihollies, Dec 11, 2018
  2. sihollies

ajaymehra

Go with HP Envy x360 13.3" AMD Ryzen 5. Though the processors do not differ much on the basis of the performance but the RYZEN tend to perform slightly better during hours of intensive or heavy work. Also the Ryzen processor is cheaper and can also handle the 3D graphics better.

ajaymehra, Jan 1, 2019
Ask a Question