Stuttering?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Everitt, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Everitt

Everitt

I find it difficult to describe my problem. In part because I don't know if it is hardware or software. Sometimes there is no problem. It happens in all programmes (including this message) but I will use Excel and Facebook to illustrate it.
    I go into Excel and get a spreadsheet. When I go to put data into a cell (e.g. 6666). The first 6 goes in but then the cursor jumps to the far left of the far left cell and the 666 goes in there. If you then press any key (e.g. Shift) you can then reposition the cursor and put another number (s) in the desired cell.
    In Facebook the effect is to prevent you scrolling down. The original view just stutters in place. If you press Shift then you can scroll down.
    It does happen in Facebook, but usually I can go much longer in Facebook and in Windows Live Mail than I can in Excel.
    It happens all the time, not just when you are starting up.
    It is driving me nuts.
    Help. Please. Cheers.

Everitt, Dec 26, 2016
  2. Everitt

elPaulio Moderator

It sounds to me like you have a stuck key (in this case probably the left arrow key).

I would start with a physical check that the key isn't stuck down or dirt hasn't got in to the key.
    In word if you open a document and place the cursor at the end does it then shoot across tot he left through the text as if the arrow key was being held down?

Paul

elPaulio, Jan 16, 2017
  3. Everitt

Everitt

I also thought it was the keyboard. BUT. Just heard back from a "mechanic" and he says it is fixed. It would seem it was software ---connected to the mouse. I will be picking it up today and will learn more. Thanks for the support.

Everitt, Jan 16, 2017
Ask a Question