stuttering audio for web calls in messenger

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SgtJoe86, Jul 11, 2009.

1. SgtJoe86

SgtJoe86

hi guys, need some help with my AOD150.

I'm currently still a new owner to this little feller, using it for 3 days only. Realised that when i tried to do video calls on msn live messenger in WinXP, the audio is stuttering like nuts though the video framerate is still reasonably smooth. initially i thought it was network issue so i got onto my pc to do the video call, but there isn't any audio or video stuttering.

subsequent tests between my AOD150 and other pcs, even within home network, results in the same audio stuttering issues.

previously i can't even play any videos as the audio would stutter like nuts, but today all audio and video works fine. just that messenger is not going well.

anybody can help on this issue?

SgtJoe86, Jul 11, 2009
  2. SgtJoe86

SgtJoe86

little update on my issue:

just upgraded my unit to 2GB ram today, unfortunately it still doesn't solve the stuttering audio problem. need some serious help on this one, any feedback is greatly appreciated! :D

SgtJoe86, Jul 13, 2009
  3. SgtJoe86

AcerPacer

I'm in the same boat. Choppy sound even though running high speed broadband. Have tried laptop and desktops on same network and everything is smooth as silk. The Acer Aspire is the culprit. It appears that the system is being overtaxed.

I've seen, on other forums, where ooVoo seems to transmit/receive sound much better on Netbooks. Plan to try that next. I've decided that Windows Live is just too resource intensive for my little buddy.

++++ 24 HOURS LATER +++++ UPDATE: I dumped WIndows Live Mssgr. and installed Google Talk. Smooth as silk; the audio is flawless ... as good as a telephone. Since my wife uses GMail, it's much easier for her to use since all chat/voice/video controls are on the GMail window. Google's version seems to use a fraction of the resources gulped by MSFT.

AcerPacer, Jul 15, 2009
  4. SgtJoe86

SgtJoe86

is that IM compatible with MSN Live Messenger's contacts? i have a couple of contacts using Live Messenger, that's why i didn't switch over to other IMs as they are not compatible for doing web calls with different providers.

SgtJoe86, Jul 16, 2009
  5. SgtJoe86

AcerPacer

AcerPacer, Jul 18, 2009
  6. SgtJoe86

SgtJoe86

looks good and simple, but it doesn't seems to support video calls, which is the key pointer for me now :(

anyway, thanks for the headsup ;)

SgtJoe86, Jul 19, 2009
  7. SgtJoe86

AcerPacer

It supports video calls. Here's the link to a video clip re: how it works. I just had a very smooth video chat with my brother-in-law in AZ. I've noticed that Google Video & Chat also supports AIM contacts. Take a look: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... wer=100173

AcerPacer, Jul 20, 2009
  8. SgtJoe86

Timberhuntersgirl

I am kind of in the same boat. I can see people on my webcam when I go into Messenger, but their voice is garbled. They can see and hear my fine. Any advice?

Timberhuntersgirl, Nov 15, 2009
Ask a Question