stuck SD card

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pa24 driver, Feb 4, 2009.

1. pa24 driver

pa24 driver

I recently purchased an Aspire One running Windows XP and really like it. However I have a problem that I hope someone might be able to help me with. I installed a SD memory card (actually a mini SD card in a SD adapter card) into the expansion card slot on the left side of the unit. I formated the card and checked to see that it was deteccted and read by the AAO, all was well until I attempted to remove the card. I depressed the card slightly and it released and poped out approximately 1/4 inch but will not come out. I can reseat it and it is identified by the computer; however it simply connot be removed from the slot! Is there some secret internal latch that I don't know about?
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

pa24 driver, Feb 4, 2009
  2. pa24 driver

bjlockie

There is no trick.
    Did you remove the cover to do any mods?
    Sounds like it didn't like up properly.
    Take it apart to see what the card is stuck on.

bjlockie, Feb 5, 2009
  3. pa24 driver

jackluo923

There's no secret latch or anything. It's simply a manufacturing defect. It's normal and a lot of AAO has this problem.

You'll need to pull it out using force.

jackluo923, Feb 5, 2009
  4. pa24 driver

pa24 driver

Thanks for the inputs, I guess I will now have the chance to see how to open up my new AAO I kind of figured that there might be some sort of alignment problem internally since the card went in quite nicely but seems to catch on its way out. I may try to slide a thin piece of plastic into the slot beside the SD card with hopes of dislodging the card.
    Thanks again for the responses.

Mike

pa24 driver, Feb 5, 2009
  5. pa24 driver

Guest Guest

Hi,

I have the same issue on the SD slot on the left hand side. Should I try to contact Acer and get the laptop repaired / replaced ?

Guest, May 6, 2009
  6. pa24 driver

Clarise

I have the same problem. How did you guys take out the memory card?

Clarise, Dec 29, 2009
  7. pa24 driver

leokendall

Mine is the same, just grip the car as good as you can and pull it out with a lil force. If that scares ya, a cheap .25 cents usb card reader from ebay may be your best bet.

leokendall, May 5, 2010
Ask a Question