Stuck on boot0: error, can't boot from USB DVD drive or disk

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by HondaRacer, Jun 29, 2011.

1. HondaRacer

HondaRacer

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I recently tried to install iAtkos S3 on my Packard Bell Dot (Aspire One A150 rebrand), but it failed. So I decided to remove the Mac OS X partition with GParted. Now it's stuck on the 'boot0: error' screen. Now I can't boot into both my ASUS external DVD writer and USB stick. I use the Acer Aspire One A110/A150 v3310 BIOS. Hope someone can help because my netbook is now a oversized ashtray :lol:.

HondaRacer, Jun 29, 2011
  2. HondaRacer

Swarvey Moderator

Re: Stuck on boot0: error, can't boot from USB DVD drive or

I'm not personally familiar with the "boot:0" error, but removing a partition from your HDD shouldn't effect the BIOS's boot priority. Have you double-checked your BIOS settings to make sure it's trying to boot from the appropriate device?

Swarvey, Jun 29, 2011
  3. HondaRacer

HondaRacer

All BIOS boot priority settings are OK. But it looks like it just ignores the boot priority and boot directly into HDD. I'm going to remove the HDD if there's no other possibility.

HondaRacer, Jun 30, 2011
  4. HondaRacer

HondaRacer

Well, I took my whole netbook apart and removed the HDD. Then inserted it into another laptop, installed Windows and removed it. After that I did put the HDD back in my netbook and re-assembled it. Windows didn't work, of course, but I was able to boot (after a few tries) into my external DVD drive so I could install Windows. I've lost my data, but at least my netbook works again :D. It is still weird that it's so hard to boot into an external device.

HondaRacer, Jun 30, 2011
Ask a Question