Stuck in boot Manager!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Joethegreek, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Joethegreek

Joethegreek

Hello, Im new to the net book scene. So a friend of mine gave me his aod250 so i could do a windows 7 restore. we backed up his data to an external hard drive and i used the acer restore manager. everything was going good. the system restore said it was complete and it restarted. after the power cycle it wouldn't boot. it gave me the boot manager screen. so hit start windows normally. and nothing. it just returns me to the boot screen. I tired to use a recovery disk on the usb drive and that didn't work. it said it couldn't fix it automatically. So i said forget it. I have a system builders copy of xp so i was gonna install it from a boot able usb. I got the xp on the usb drive no problem. Then I proceeded to start the xp install with the blue background. Then bam. error. it wont let me do anything and gave me this error. *** stop: 0x0000007b ( oxf7a88524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x0000000)

Joethegreek, Jul 3, 2010
  2. Joethegreek

Swarvey Moderator

In my experience, the 0x7b code has always come down to a hard drive or partition error.

Check out this link for more help with the BSOD code

Swarvey, Jul 4, 2010
Ask a Question