Street Atlas 2009 w/ DeLorme LT-40 GPS unit

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Paisley Pirate, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I got and tried out the DeLorme Street Atlas 2009 package bundled with their LT-40 USB GPS antenna... plugged it in and fired it up. It works great with the AAO. Street Atlas comes with a UMPC mode so that the screen is maximized for the small AAO screen. It's great.

I've been on a surveying operation for the last couple of months, and we are using Streets and Trips and Google Earth, (plus some other proprietary software) all of which has worked very well with the AAO (better than with a couple of Vista Acer laptops... compatability with Vista issues... some surprise?)

I'll be doing some more fun stuff with it (like voice activated navigation) shortly, so far regular navigation works fine... my boss wanted to see how it did (he's really thinking about buying an AAO for himself)

Also, if I didn't say so earlier, I used Microsofts USB GPS receiver and it works fine, too... with Streets...but not with Street Atlas...

The DeLorme unit works well... with Street Atlas 2009... but not with Streets...

ARGH! I wish software mfgrs in this niche would allow other units to work with their software... minor piffle.

Have fun exploring the big wide world!

From the road,
    Me

Paisley Pirate, Feb 27, 2009
  2. Paisley Pirate

donec

"ARGH! I wish software mfgrs in this niche would allow other units to work with their software" is one of my pet peeves of mine also. I just wish I could find the same thing for Linux.

donec, Feb 27, 2009
  3. Paisley Pirate

kwirky

Try installing this if you wanted to use the DeLorme receiver with your Microsoft Software.. worked fine with my LT-20: http://www.delorme.com/support/supportt ... spx?id=319

kwirky, Feb 28, 2009
  4. Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

Thanks for the pointer on that! I am d/l'ing it even as i type this and will verify that it works (or not) with the LT40 as soon as I get it configured...

Thank You Thank You!

UPDATE:

Works just fine... took a little tweak to get it to go, but it works. And you can even run Streets and Trips and Street Atlas at the same time.

Paisley Pirate, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question