Stream XM Satellite Radio Online with the Linux Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by robert4380, Nov 25, 2008.

1. robert4380

robert4380

Hello all,

I have the Linux version of the Aspire One, and for the most part it does what I want it to do in terms of web browsing and what not. However, I can't get the XM Radio streaming service to work at all, and it's really annoying me. I go to the website, log in, the streaming player and channel lineup shows up, but when I choose a station to listen to, it connects, but nothing happens. There don't seem to be any media player buttons showing up, either. Could this be because the Aspire One's default media player isn't compatible with the XM website? Does anyone possibly know a solution for this? I'm not that crazy about XM anymore since they just got rid of a lot of the channels I liked, but still, if I could get this working that would be great. Thanks!

robert4380, Nov 25, 2008
  2. robert4380

N6546R

This link might get you headed in the right direction... http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=78936

Perry
    www.kidpub.com

N6546R, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question