Strange sound on my laptop

Discussion in 'Lenovo / IBM' started by Mr.talic, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Mr.talic

Mr.talic

hello, it very rarely happens to me when I turn on my laptop I hear a strange sound, I think it comes from the processor. it only happens when I turn on the laptop and lasts for 1 minute. why is this happening, my laptop is lenovo ideapad 520-15ikb (i5 8gen, 8 ram ddr4, ssd 512)? this is the video link: https://streamable.com/f97y82

Mr.talic, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Mr.talic

gray1

Sounds like the processor fan. When they first turn on they are cold and tend to make some noise and vibrate if they are bad. After a minute or so they warm up and quietn down. It may just need a good cleaning. Make sure there is no disc in the DVD drive. (If it has a DVD drive) It can make a noise like that if the disc is a little off balance. Here is a tear down video on YYouTube to help you get to the fan to check that.

gray1, Apr 9, 2021
    Mr.talic likes this.
  3. Mr.talic

Mr.talic

thank you @gray1, it is very possible that the sound is coming from the cold because my laptop is in a cold room.

Mr.talic, Apr 9, 2021
    gray1 likes this.
Ask a Question