Strange screws?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by starfighter, Dec 10, 2008.

1. starfighter

starfighter

Hello!

I took my computor (AA1 A110L) to a computorstore today to have them installing one extra gig of RAM. I would have done it myself, but I dont have a screwdriver the right size here.

They were unable to install the RAM because they said the wireless transmitter were held in place by a strange screw that they couldnt open.
    Is this normal or is there some other way to reach the RAMplace??

When they gave back the computor it cant find the hard drive (made a thread in the harddrive forum viewtopic.php?f=54&t=7973)

I guess this guys are the worst computorstore ever. I guess I need to buy a screwdriver and stop being lazy.

//N

starfighter, Dec 10, 2008
  2. starfighter

AceRyan

I kind of hope this is a joke. Considering the hundreds of users here that have probably upgraded their ram, I highly doubt a screw on the wireless card would get in the way of 'professionals'. Sounds like you got jacked for your HDD.

AceRyan, Dec 10, 2008
  3. starfighter

Whambo

It's a Phiilips screw head. They fail at being 'professionals'.. Win at stealing though >.<

Whambo, Dec 24, 2008
  4. starfighter

nd2no

i know its late to reply here but im betting they striped that screw and couldnt remove it also tring to remove it caused other problems tring to gain access to ram, by not removing that screw.......just a thought......my upgrade went well with only one striped screw( that i got out)
    sorry to hear about the shoddy work you recieved from a so called pro....

nd2no, Mar 6, 2009
  5. starfighter

teh_qube

did you pay them? you better not have paid them.. :x thats in-excusable..failstore..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

teh_qube, Mar 6, 2009
Ask a Question