Strange Peeping then Crash!!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by logtail, Jul 20, 2012.

1. logtail

logtail

I have an Acer Aspire model 5253 laptop running windows 7. Since I got the thing, it has done something strange, and now it is happening more and more frequently.
    What the laptop does is it will make a "peep! peep! peep!" with about 3-4 second intervals of silence between each peep. The noise appears to be emanating from the right hand side of the laptop, around where the speaker is.
    The next thing that it does is slowly crash. First, the window I am in will stop responding to mouse clicks. I will still be able to scroll up and down, but will no longer be able to click hyperlinks, etc. Then, the mouse pointer freezes and the keyboard stops responding. I have to shut the computer down by holding the power button. The whole time the laptop says "peep! (3-4 sec silence) peep! (3-4 sec silence) peep! (3-4 sec silence)"

What the heck? Anybody ever heard of this? Is the computer slowly dying?

Thanks.

logtail, Jul 20, 2012
  2. logtail

JJ_PR Guest

Ive never heard of this but did you buy the laptop brand new? Or is it used?

JJ_PR, Jul 20, 2012
Ask a Question