Strange Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bwhughes, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bwhughes

bwhughes

A few weeks ago I attempted to put a new distro on my AAO and failed (miserably; I'm a Linux n00b) and system restored myself yesterday. I plugged in my power adapter and thought everything was fine until I got to class today and attempted to boot and got nothing. I took my AAO home after class, plugged it in, and everything ran fine until I tried to unplug it again and it died. When I rebooted, I checked the battery utility and it says my battery is 100% charged, yet it dies every time unplug the power adapter. Any suggestions or fixes?

bwhughes, Feb 24, 2009
  2. bwhughes

bwhughes

no one?

bwhughes, Feb 25, 2009
  3. bwhughes

speekergeek

FWIW when my battery gets below 0% (long story, faulty battery) the readout will say it is 100% charged.

try leaving it plugged in to charge overnight.

speekergeek, Feb 25, 2009
  4. bwhughes

...BeAkEr...

upgrade the bios to 3309, there is a thread in this section called battery problem hotfix

...BeAkEr..., Feb 25, 2009
  5. bwhughes

bwhughes

Tried the "hotfix" but after downloading, my system said that version of the archiver was not usable. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but needless to say it did not work as the thread you wrote described it would.

bwhughes, Feb 26, 2009
  6. bwhughes

...BeAkEr...

your using linux?

that fix is only for windows, find another way to upgrade the bios using linux

...BeAkEr..., Feb 26, 2009
Ask a Question