Strange audio output

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pekka, Aug 21, 2008.

1. pekka

pekka

Hi

I was listening with headphones the output of AA1 (Linpus) and for my ears it did sound strange. After testing the output with white noise (output from Audacity) I found that signal is comb filtered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comb_filter). And after some more testing (with a short click of 15 kHz wave) I found the reason for the filtering: a delayed signal is coming just 0.006 seconds after the original. It looks like there is some other mixer channel open and leaking to the output. So I tried to mute everything else but master from alsamixer, but it did not help.

Is there any way to get control to hidden channels in alsamixer? After all, the Realtek audio circuit does have more outputs than there is visible. At the moment I can find in alsamixer: Master, PCM, Digital in, Mic boost, Mic volume and selection for internal or external mic.

Pekka

pekka, Aug 21, 2008
  2. pekka

pekka

And more... Here is a screenshot of Audacity analysis tool. The frequency figure should be flat, not curly like here.

Pekka

pekka, Aug 22, 2008
  3. pekka

SuzuKube

Up

Same Problem...

Linpus Related problem, no problem on Ubuntu...
    Perhaps we can recompile Alsa Drivers?

SuzuKube, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question