Stops at the Dragonflies

Discussion in 'Acer' started by rossamj123, Sep 28, 2012.

1. rossamj123

rossamj123

My daughter's D250 starts up and loads Windows XP without any errors, but when it gets to the blue splash screen with the Dragonflies and the 'ASPIRE one' logo, the drive access light stops flickering and it just sits there.

I've attempted SAFE MODE and looked at the bios screen (F2), but nothing seems to be broke... it just won't go any further.

The touch pad responds, but there's no other response to keys.

We'd appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Thanks.
    Ross

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    rossamj123, Sep 28, 2012
  2. rossamj123

ryptyde

If you are familiar with Linux operating systems create and boot a "live usb" or boot a "live cd" from an external usb hard drive. You can then access your Windows install and retrieve any valuable data as long as there isn't any other hardware issues that would stop the Linux OS from running.

Hopefully the drive is still in good shape. My D250 has easy access to the hard drive and one could also remove the hd and use an external usb enclosure to access the drive from another computer as far as data retrieval goes. Also you can check to see if the memory is inserted properly or try another known stick of memory in its place.

Once you get your data saved there is the last resort of activating the restore partition (Alt+F10) if need be.

phil

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    ryptyde, Oct 2, 2012
Ask a Question