stickam (flash player?) connection problems

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by newseamus, Apr 10, 2009.

1. newseamus

newseamus

8G SSD
    Linpus

I cannot connect my cam to stickam's flash interface. stickam is an online live video broadcast/chat site like justin.tv, ustream, etc.
    I checked youtube quick connect and also could not connect the cam.
    The cam works great in skype/desktop cam software.

I upgraded to flash player 10 (firefox shows as installed)
    Still no camera for online :(

Any ideas for me

newseamus, Apr 10, 2009
  2. newseamus

newseamus

nobody knows how to solve this?

newseamus, Apr 16, 2009
  3. newseamus

DougHillman

No ideas how to solve your issues with Stickam in linux, but I will report that it works fine for me with the stock XP SP3 install on a 160GB HD model.

http://www.stickam.com/dougdoberman I'm usually live on Monday nights, webcasting from the swing dance events that I DJ. Sporadically other times.

When I do this, I disable the internal webcam through the device manager and use an external Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 which has a wider angle lens than the typical cam. I haven't found a way to get Stickam to let me choose which cam to use, hence the need to disable the internal.

I assume that you've verified the cam works outside of Stickam? How long are you giving it to get up and running? I've noticed that sometimes it takes a little while to get going.

DougHillman, Apr 16, 2009
  4. newseamus

newseamus

I do, infact, have a working camera and mic outside of stickam. I can use it fine with the linpus included webcam app, I can use it with skype, etc.
    It only fails when I am using the cam/mic online...i.e., Stickam, facebook, youtube....which leads me to believe it is a FLASH permissions problem. I had a similar problem on a Ubuntu machine, and i remedied the prob by fixing a "user settings" setting, but i see no such place in my AAO XFCE linpus.
    I have not tried a usb webcam...but that would defeat the purpose of what I need...I want to have a quick setup for on the road so I can open my AAO and "go live" on stickam without needing to plug in a external cam.
    I recently came back to linpus from Linux4one (ubuntu), because I coudn't get a decent skype audio in L4O....I may just go to Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04 and see if that will solv my stickam problem...I just wish I could have it all ya know? If I could find a distro that could:
    1. connect with stickam
    2. work well with skype (audio!!!!)
    3. record decently in Audacity
    then I would be happy...but it appears there is not a distro that will do all these 3 things for me.
    anyone???

newseamus, Apr 18, 2009
  5. newseamus

speccles

speccles, May 10, 2009
Ask a Question