status indicator lights

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by brenda226, Jan 17, 2011.

1. brenda226

brenda226

Hi for some reason i cant get past the home page on my acer aspire one (a110) I click the browser button and it buffers but then nothing happens?? I notice the second light on the left that is normally green is not on?? Can anybody help me? Thanks
    Brenda

brenda226, Jan 17, 2011
  2. brenda226

donec

Sounds like the browser is locking up for some reason. You don't say which OS (Operating System) you are using nor if you have the SSD (Solid-state drive) or hard drive version so it is kind of hard to be much help. However I am going to assume you are running Firefox and that you may need to start it in safe mode by changing the shortcut. To do this you right click on the shortcut select properties and add " -safemode" to the command without the quotation marks being sure to include the space before the -. If this fixes the problem the most likely one of your extensions is not working (maybe due to Firefox upgrading but there is not an upgrade for the extension yet). This would be the same for Linux or Windows.

I'm not sure about which light you refer but if it is the second from the edge farthest from the power switch then that light is for the Hard Drive or SSD and as such it should only be on while the drive is being accessed. So if your computer seems to be working but the light is off then that means the computer is not accessing the drive and is doing what it needs from memory, unless it never comes on then it may mean the LED (Light-emitting diode) is dead which is only there for your convenience to show you the drive is being accessed. Useful for troubleshooting if the computer doesn't work.

donec, Jan 17, 2011
  3. brenda226

brenda226

Thank you so much and sorry to be thick but how do i click on the shortcut, when i right click on the browser i do get a menu but i cant see anything that says properties???? Please get back to me as you sound like you know what you are talking about.

Brenda

brenda226, Jan 17, 2011
  4. brenda226

donec

Hi Brenda, it would help if I knew what Operating System you are using. The AAO A110 came with XP or Linpus Linux installed and if you bought it used it could have many different systems on it.

Try and move the icon to the top of the screen and then right click on it this should bring up a window that has a selection for properties at the bottom of the list.

donec, Jan 18, 2011
Ask a Question